We have a treat for you. Welcome to our new section: "Face Cookie Kitchen". This is our first post and we are so excited to share it with you!
First, let's explain what the "Kitchen" is.
The Face Cookie Kitchen is our take on beauty DIYs. Recipes that are fancy enough to eat, but made for your outsides. We love beauty DIYs and we're big fans of using edible ingredients from the kitchen to solve our skin woes, hydrate and moisturise, and clear our complexions. We also love to cook, so we put our two favourite things together. We're whipping up interesting, dynamic, and effective treats for beauty.
Our very first recipe is just in time for summer. On a humid day, this icy exfoliating and moisturising scrub for the shower is perfect. It's easy, smells divine, and looks pretty cool too.
Made with strong coffee, coffee grounds, and coconut milk, it's an iced delight to get your skin glowing.
Coffee Scrub Body Ice
Makes 12 standard ice cubes or 6 large ice cubes.
- Small can of coconut milk - opened and mixed.
- 1 cup of strong cold coffee
- 3 heaping tbsp of coffee grounds
- Ice cube tray
- In a clean ice cube tray fill each section about halfway with coconut milk. (Any remaining coconut milk can be added to a smoothie or saved in the fridge for another recipe). Put in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour until hard to the touch. Meanwhile, keep coffee in the fridge to cool while the coconut milk is in freezer.
- When coconut milk is ready, top up each section with coffee leaving a little room at the brim. Return to freezer for about 30 minutes until coffee is icy.
- Sprinkle coffee grounds into each section evenly. Return tray to freezer and let harden into ice cubes.
- To use, simply grab a cube right before you jump in the shower. Smooth all over body in circular motions with coffee side touching skin until melted and dissolved.
This DIY beauty treat is a trio of goodness: The ice works along the same lines as a hot/cold shower helping to improve circulation. The coffee is invigorating and the grounds exfoliate. The coconut milk is soothing, hydrating and provides a final layer of moisture.